Visit britain partnership development manager - eastern region
Location: New York City
JOB TITLE: Partnership Development Manager, Eastern & Central USA
(Title is Executive for UK facing / Manager for USA facing)
The Partnership Development Executive, Eastern & Central works in conjunction with their Western & Central Region counterpart to play a vital role in delivering the travel trade strategy for the USA.
KEY AREAS OF DELIVERY INCLUDE:
- Delivering a dedicated key account management programme to generate maximum awareness of Britain as a leisure destination and increase visitation from our target audience (Tour Operators | Travel Agent Consortia | OTA’s).
- Negotiating and executing partnership marketing programs subject to business priorities.
- Collation and dissemination of regular, real-time, market intelligence
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject, preferably a tourism, business, communications or marketing degree. Excellent organisational skills. Ability to work on one's own initiative and to identify alternative solutions to problems. Deadline oriented.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Britain as a tourism destination: history, culture, geography and product are highly desirable Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience in building and maintaining strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders; locally within the US and in Britain. Strong team orientation with a willingness and preparedness to share and seek information, knowledge, help and support others within the team and across the region. A true belief that success is defined by team’s results and not just the individual’s.
- Strong knowledge of the US travel-trade landscape and its working practices. Superb & proven relationships across the supply chain: tour operators, retail travel agents and/or travel agent consortia landscape, OTA’s. Ability to multi-task and prioritise a very busy workload. A ‘can-do’ and positive attitude.
- Extensive business development skills with solid experience in driving incremental business from key accounts. Proactive and full of initiative. Anticipates future situations and acts to avoid problems.
- Demonstrable sales & marketing and negotiation skills coupled with proven experience in delivering B2B partnership marketing programs.
- Creative, passionate, positive, outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Impressive communication and presentation skills with proven experience in public speaking Fully computer literate in all MS Office applications.
- Excellent event management skills – mainly small, intimate networking &/or British tourism product launch events. Willingness and flexibility to travel within your market and to Britain several times per year.
- Solid digital skill-set specifically experience of working with content management and CRM systems to deliver world class communications.
- Proven budgetary and financial management skills.
KEY RESULT AREAS (including % of time/importance)
1. Key Account Management: execute the key account management program for the assigned region focusing on product development of mid-range tour operators with potential to grow volume / value business to Britain; as well as maintenance and influence over high-volume accounts. (35%)
- Deliver a sales call program both face-face and via the most appropriate communication methods to ensure business intelligence is captured with accurate recording via internal CRM database.
- Design a tailored destination/product training program (to be delivered face to face or digitally) to tour operators and travel agent consortia alike.
- Using VisitBritain’s destination specialist training program, BritAgent.com as a key resource, support the BritAgent project manager by identifying travel agents to boost acquisition and graduate conversion levels.
- E-commerce: contribute to VisitBritain’s B2B retail profit targets by including retail messages into all appropriate trade activities and E-communications. Actively market the travel trade affiliate opportunities
2. Partnership Marketing: research and identify prospects for partnership marketing investment in line with the US travel trade strategy. (30%)
- Negotiate and execute an integrated marketing program, focusing on engagement with consumer segments using psychographic and demographic data. Ensure synergies with GREAT Britain campaign and PR integration opportunities are exploited. 30%
3. Team working: Act as B2B Champion and contribute and share your knowledge, expertise and skills to working groups. 10%
4. Communications: (10%)
- Trade Inquiries: respond to reactive trade inquiries from across the US and British tourism industry as received.
- Digital: deliver the E-communications program across the B2B channels focusing on content; travel trade newsletter, travel trade website (visitbritain.com/trade) and track all results.
5. Industry Forum & Events: co-ordinate industry forum meetings for the region in line with set schedule; capture and record outputs on CRM database. Execute local events and/or British tourism product launch events, as required. (10%)
- Fam Trip Execution: out with partnership marketing activity, organize, negotiate and deliver Fam trips in line with adhoc requests or identified opportunities
6. Ensure that value-for-money, a high standard of corporate governance and effective budgetary controls are adhered to throughout. (5%)
- Manage the NY based B2B ‘shared resource’ intern; workload and priorities.