Travel Advisor - San Francisco, CA
Savanti Travel - San Francisco, CA
Do you LOVE SOLVING PROBLEMS
Do you love DOING WELL, AND DOING GOOD?
Are you a MENSCH?
Do you have what it takes to MANAGE TRAVEL FOR THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD?
We’re looking for a tenacious problem solver that knows travel, who is incredibly organized, and who understands the value of outstanding customer service. Come join a growing team rooted in Customer Service, and learn and grow alongside people with over 30+ years of startup, travel, event and web commerce experience.
Who we are:
Savanti Travel is a startup in San Francisco that provides busy executives with full-service travel advisory and management solutions. We’re a small team sitting at the crossroads of hustle and hospitality, and we’re building the future of intelligent travel. For each of our valued Clients, a Savanti prescription helps eliminate all future travel headaches.
Why you should join us:
● Opportunity to make an immediate impact while working in a fun environment - we work with some of the BEST people, and we help them accomplish their amazing goals, through travel!
● We invest in our people and their success; when you’re successful, we’re successful!
● Terrific benefits package - competitive salary, bonuses, 401(k), paid health care, paid vacation, travel allowance, invitations to industry events and experiences, and much more!
● Collaborative, fun team environment - we’re serious about our work, but we’re serious about having fun, too!
● Tons of opportunities to travel and get to know our hotel and air partners around the world!
Travel Advisor Duties and Qualities:
● Corporate Travel Management: Everyday, you’ll be taking requests from a dozen (or more) different Clients who need air, hotels, ground transportation, trip planning, flight research, and other travel solutions in minutes. Your job will be to deliver the best options flawlessly.
● Client Service: Taking all Client requests and managing expectations. This includes trip planning, research, finding the best deal and staying on top of the back and forth with the Client to get the task completed.
● Passion for Service and Travel: Be a trusted advisor by truly having the Client’s back: is there a better way? Is this the best seat / route / plane / hotel / room / car for their needs? You will succeed by offering the most effective, informed and insightful recommendations, which provide the very best traveler experience in each situation.
● Communication: You must be a great communicator and an even better listener. You will be taking calls and quickly replying to emails (and the occasional text) all while projecting a positive can-do attitude.
● Details: Our business is all about details. Every booking is filed, recorded, added to Client calendars and part of our master system. You become a part of all your Client’s teams while still working in our office.
● Problem Solver/Critical Thinker: Smart is sexy. We like smart pro-active thinkers that are always asking, “Is this the BEST that we can do for this Client?” You need to be someone that is resourceful to find solutions and refuses to give up on a problem.
● Fast Learner: The travel business has a lot of moving parts and can seem overwhelming. We’ll teach you, but you need to be able to pick up fast - and adapt as things constantly change.
● Internet/Computer Ninja: You’ve got to be able to move between a lot of tabs and excel and CRM really fast. Time is of the essence for our Clients & that great business class deal.
● Past experience as an executive assistant, or in event planning or the travel industry, is a plus
● A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge in internet tools (search, Google Apps + Gmail, calendars)
● Superb communication skills
● Ability to multitask, assist where needed, have strong attention to detail, resolve problems independently, and work well under pressure
● Impeccable listening skills, willingness to learn, and the ability to work well in a team environment
● Prior, recent use of Sabre GDS is a plus, but not required
● Great sense of humor