Senior Account Executive - Public Relations
Myriad Marketing is an established tourism marketing company with offices in New York and Los Angeles. We provide marketing solutions for the travel industry including representing international tourist offices.
We are seeking an enthusiastic PR and social media professional to work with our international tourist board clients. 4+ years experience in Tourism Public Relations is essential.
Do you meet the following criteria?
· Forward-thinking, modern PR practitioner who isn’t afraid of trying new-out-of-the-box PR tactics
· Possess existing relationships within the travel / tourism PR industry
· A ‘can-do’ attitude with experience in both client and team management
· Knows how to integrate PR efforts with those of the marketing team and are equally comfortable leading, following and contributing to initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
· Develop, plan and implement PR programs for 2- 3 of Myriad’s destination clients
· Manage day-to-day PR account activities; monitor program timetable and client budgets
· Maintaining key media contacts for pitches and press trip opportunities
· Managing account coordinators and interns
· Develop and execute strategic media pitches (traditional & online media); arrange and qualify press visits; secure local, regional and national media coverage
· Orchestrate client media events as needed
· Plan and execute client media tours
· Writing press releases, developing messaging and responding to media inquiries
· Collaborate on integrated media initiatives & native content opportunities
· Strategize, manage and execute social media programs
· Monitor and report on results from all activities
Skills / Qualifications:
· 4 + years experience in travel / tourism Public Relations essential
· Knowledge and practical experience with social media including how to measure campaigns and activities
- Ability to develop and write effective PR plans and client programs
- Proven track record of well-targeted media placements and established relationships with media
· Proven experience in building and maintaining client relationships
· Excellent knowledge of all travel distribution channels including online
· Ability and willingness to travel at least five days each month
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
· Be able to multi-task and handle several projects at one time on tight deadlines
· Highly organized
· Computer proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google programs, and office equipment
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
If interested, please contact Heather Giarratana: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Apply Now!