Marketing Manager for the Americas - Los Angeles, CA
Marketing Manager for the Americas
Visit Victoria Limited - Los Angeles, CA
Visit Victoria’s Marketing Manager for The Americas region is responsible for the marketing of Melbourne, Australia as the undisputed number one city destination for international travellers from the US, Canadian and South American markets.
Visit Victoria is the state’s tourism and events company, responsible for tourism marketing and event attraction working to sell Melbourne and Victoria's great strengths nationally and internationally.
The organisation is spearheading a cohesive, new approach to marketing Melbourne and Victoria to attract more visitors and world-class events to the state and consolidate Melbourne and Victoria's position as a leading global tourism and events destination.
For further details on Visit Victoria visit corporate.visitvictoria.com.au.
The position of Marketing Manager, The Americas is an exciting and challenging role that supports the development and implementation of Visit Victoria’s marketing strategies in The Americas region. This includes contributing to marketing, public relations and business strategies to promote Victoria as a world class destination for leisure visitors.
This position reports to the Regional Manager The Americas, based in Los Angeles.
About the role:
• Provide support for the marketing and promotion of Melbourne and Victoria to both travel trade and direct to consumers in the Americas markets in order to increase the number of visitor arrivals, length of stay and yield from these countries to Victoria.
• In conjunction with the Regional Manager plan, develop, implement, monitor and audit Visit Victoria’s marketing plans and activities for The Americas markets.
• Increase destination and product awareness within the travel industry, assist with the organization of travel industry events and represent Visit Victoria at these shows, and prepare and deliver relevant destination and product presentations for trade, consumer and internal audiences.
• In conjunction with Visit Victoria’s head office team, monitor and manage Visit Victoria’s local digital platforms. Review and provide content updates for digital platforms, consumer and trade e-Newsletters and online communications.
• Escort familiarization trips, both trade and media, where required in Melbourne and Victoria.
• Provide general office administration and support, and respond to inquiries from the travel industry and consumers in relation to tourism products and experiences in Victoria and provide advice and information regarding planning and preparation of itineraries.
• Provide Victorian operators with market intelligence on the Americas markets and assist with individual or group supplier in-market visits.
• Provide regular liaison with our contracted public relations agency to assist and support Visit Victoria’s media programs and media relations. Support Tourism Australia’s media program with specific relevance to Victoria.
• Take responsibility for all areas of Visit Victoria’s involvement in Tourism’s Australia Aussie Specialist Program.
• Experience in the planning, development and implementation of marketing plans in tourism or a related field.
• Proven track record in integrating digital and e-marketing initiatives into tactical campaigns and promotional strategies.
• Ability to critically assess marketing opportunities for relevance to organizational KPI’s and assess trends to turn insights into actions.
• Significant knowledge and experience of “Destination Melbourne and Victoria”, and its product range.
• Knowledge of the America’s travel industry and distribution systems.
• Excellent interpersonal, stakeholder management, public speaking and communications skills.
• Experience in providing the full range of office administrative support including accounting, finance and budgeting, and excellent computing skills.
• Ability to conduct research, analyze data and prepare high quality reports.
• Self-motivated, proactive and able to effectively work within a small team with limited supervision
• Expertise in project management from ideation to planning to execution
• Proven experience of representation at major international and regional trade shows, events, conferences and missions.
• Qualifications in Marketing or Tourism, with at least 3 years’ experience in a marketing role.
• Experience with Public Relations and brand marketing a plus
• Applicants must have legal status to work in the United States of America
Please state VV0172 Marketing Manager The Americas on your resume and cover letter
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will receive email correspondence.
Job Type: Full-time
• marketing: 3 years