LEISURE LUXURY TRAVEL ADVISOR - NEW YORK
Location: New York, NY
Welcome to the world of luxury travel!
Are you ready to take your travel career to the next level?
Virtuoso – the industry’s leading luxury travel network – is seeking an experienced luxury travel advisor in New York on behalf of their member agencies.
Our member agencies provide you with the tools, training, and preferred partner relationships you need to succeed. You are responsible for curating the most memorable experiences in the world, building new business, and managing any and all travel requests for your clients.
- Prospect and develop relationships with new and existing clients
- Provide travel assistance and concierge services to your clients, including booking airfare, hotels, cruises, activities, tours, transportation, reservations, etc.
- Confirm availability and pricing in a prompt, professional, and organized manner
- Leverage preferred travel suppliers to ensure the best rates and amenities for your clients
- Constantly study and learn new destinations, lifestyles, and preferred suppliers, including attending educational events and webinars, meeting with suppliers, and completing certified destination training
- Process bookings and documentation, including itineraries, tickets, and visas
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with clients before, during, and after travel to ensure quality service and repeat business/referrals
- Extensive personal travel experience or time lived abroad
- Previous luxury travel sales experience with deep destination and supplier knowledge
- Positive, tenacious attitude and a willingness to constantly learn
- Excellent customer service orientation and professional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills for maintaining complex records and itineraries
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Client Relationship Management (CRM) software
- CTA/CTC/CTIE preferred
- Experience with Sabre or similar Global Distribution Systems (GDS) preferred
- Current Virtuoso member advisors may not apply.
This position is perfect for existing or former travel agents or hospitality professionals with extensive luxury travel sales experience.
Virtuoso is the industry’s leading luxury travel network, comprised of over 390 agencies with more than 11,400 elite travel specialists in 40 countries throughout North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
The network’s member agencies generate more than $15.5 billion annually in travel sales, making the group the most powerful in the luxury travel segment. Their relationships with the finest travel companies provide the network’s affluent clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences, and privileged access.