CORPORATE & GROUP AIR TRAVEL AGENT - SAN DIEGO
Location: San Diego, CA
We are a full service travel management company based in beautiful San Diego, California. We are driven by our core belief that supporting and caring for our employees to the greatest extent possible is the key to providing superior service to each and every client.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced, talented and motivated travel agent to join our corporate team as both a corporate and group air agent. There is flexibility for this full-time position to fulfilled in our office within the greater San Diego area, remotely, or via a combination of the two. We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision benefits and a 401K plan.
We are most highly differentiated within the travel industry for cultivating a culture of care and love of service both internally and externally. We believe we are and always want to be the best place to call home for the travel professional.
Complete and communicate business travel arrangements by fulfilling air, hotel and other transportation requests to the end of optimized spend, seamless travel and first-class service for every client.
- Booking air, hotel, rail, car and other transportation reservations.
- Providing price quotes for proposed itineraries.
- Applying and promoting the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match clients’ travel program policies, negotiated contracts, and preferred suppliers.
- Applying discount programs accordingly.
- Managing airline group blocks and deviations on group blocks.
- Running QC mini-itineraries and arrival/departure manifests.
- Seeing group air processes through QC and final accounting stages.
- Setting exemplary client relations standards by maintaining prompt response times and always communicating professionally and courteously.
- Keeping abreast of airline rules, regulations and current affairs and communicating relevant changes accordingly.
- Meeting service level goals related to phone and email etiquette, quality, and productivity.
- Maintaining client profiles as necessary (including updates to reward program information).
- Daily monitoring, sorting and working of GDS queues to maintain quality control.
- Participating in team conference calls and meetings as scheduled.
- 3-5+ years corporate travel consultant/agent experience.
- EXCEPTIONAL customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Sabre GDS.
- Knowledge of ticketing procedures for airline, hotel and car rental systems.
- General Internet research skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain work volume and quality consistent with peers.
- Ability to work under the stress of and meet productivity standards and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Open-mindedness, flexibility and a team-oriented attitude in welcoming additional duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.