Assistant Luxury Travel Sales - Nationwide
Are you a team player that is looking to grow your travel career with the best in the business?
Virtuoso’s member agencies are seeking experienced and entry-level assistants to support their travel advisors worldwide.
Our network is growing rapidly and our member agencies are in need of customer service and sales support professionals to help them meet the demands of their clientele.
Your agency will provide you with the tools, training, and preferred partner relationships you need to succeed. You are responsible for assisting the senior travel advisors in curating the most memorable experiences in the world, building new business, and managing any and all travel requests for their clients.
- Assist senior travel advisors in prospecting and developing new and existing clients
- Provide travel assistance and concierge services to their clients, including booking airfare, hotels, cruises, activities, tours, transportation, reservations, etc.
- Work with senior travel advisors to create custom itineraries based on client requests
- Confirm availability and pricing in a prompt and organized manner
- Leverage preferred suppliers to ensure the best rates and amenities for their clients
- Constantly study and learn new destinations, lifestyles, and preferred suppliers, including attending educational events and webinars, meeting with suppliers, and completing certified destination training
- Assist in processing bookings and documentation, including itineraries, tickets, and visas
- Perform basic clerical work, as needed by your travel advisor and/or agency
- Extensive personal travel experience or time lived abroad
- Positive, tenacious attitude and a willingness to constantly learn
- Excellent customer orientation and professional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills for maintaining complex records and itineraries
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Client Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Previous travel sales experience with deep destination and supplier knowledge preferred
- CTA/CTC/CTIE preferred
- Experience with Sabre or similar Global Distribution Systems (GDS) preferred
- Current Virtuoso member advisors may not apply.
This position is perfect for aspiring travel advisors or individuals with previous travel sales experience, customer service professionals dedicated to excellence and constant learning, airline booking and ticketing specialists experienced in the Global Distribution Systems (GDS), or simply any determined and hard working individual that is looking to break into the world of international travel!
Virtuoso is the industry’s leading luxury travel network, comprised of over 390 agencies with more than 11,400 elite travel specialists in 40 countries throughout North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
The network’s member agencies generate more than $15.5 billion annually in travel sales, making the group the most powerful in the luxury travel segment. Their relationships with the finest travel companies provide the network’s affluent clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences, and privileged access.
Our member agencies offer a flexible work environment and compensation, with full-time (salaried) and independent contractor (commission-only, remote) roles available throughout the world. Leads may be provided, especially for candidates just getting started, but the preference is that you will be able to build your own book of business or bring an existing clientele with you.
Their competitive compensation plans include a combination of salary and/or commission, depending on experience and selected roles. Their advisors also enjoy industry accreditation, access to educational travel opportunities and the Virtuoso network of luxury services and amenities.